I-Reach For Art
SEPTEMBER 24, 2020
Dear I-REACH 2 Supporter,
Since 2012 we have hosted I-Reach for Art as our annual fundraising event that supports our Mission of high-quality, individualized, innovative and therapeutic services for adults with intellectual disabilities. But, IR4Art has become bigger than that to us over the last several years. This event has become our annual opportunity to connect with our community and to thank you for supporting us in ways too numerous to list.
By now, you are aware of where this letter is going. It is with a heavy but thoughtful heart that we are announcing the cancellation of this year’s event scheduled for 8.8.2020. We are all living and working in unprecedented times and the safety of all is greater than any large event can ever be.
Like all of you, we have been through a lot and we know we still have plenty of road in front of us to navigate. Our organization has had to suspend services for over 50% of the people we serve through our Supported Living, Supported Employment, and services based out of the Ralph Ballard Academy. This has resulted in a sharp decline of revenue upwards of 25-30%. We are planning a very gradual, phased approach to service delivery so we are anticipating we will see revenue shortfalls throughout this year. Even if conditions permitted a large event to be planned, considering what we’ve had to do in the several weeks, we simply do not have the manpower or the resources to carry this forward. However, if you know our organization, then you know we thrive on grit, courage, and a willingness to innovate.
With this in mind, we are grateful to announce I-Reach for Art 2020- “the hybrid edition”. Here is what we are planning as we all navigate 2020 and beyond.
We will be offering our supporters two ways to participate. Our typical silent auction and quick draw will be moved to a virtual format. This format will allow our supporters to create virtual tables and engage in fun online competition during the silent auction/quick draw. This opportunity will run from September 17-23th.
On September 24th we will be hosting a small, 50-person ticketed event where we will retire our 2019 “Rock Solid” sponsors to our donor wall and will auction 5 “Rock Solid” sponsorships for 2020. In addition, IR2 staff and participants are busy in the planning and production phases of holding our first ever “flea market flip” We will have 4 teams who will be “flipping” an item and these 4 items will also be up for live auction. Occasions by Cory will be providing food. Live music will be provided by Michael Stirrett and Beth Feronti.
So, what are we asking of you?
- We are asking that you consider participating in our virtual event. Host a virtual table to raise direct funds and generate interest for the silent auction and quick draw pieces.
- We are planning to launch our virtual site by July 1. All details for this will be available at our website which is ireach2.com
- We are asking 50 people to pay $100 to attend our September gathering to participate in our Rock-Solid sponsorship and the flea market flip.
- If you would like to put your name on the list for tickets, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via text/phone to 307-660-9547.
- We are asking that when your business comes back, you hire a person with a developmental disability or call on us for your volunteer workforce needs.
- If you are a former sponsor of our event, would you please consider making that same commitment to this year’s “hybrid” edition?
- We are actively looking for donations to for our silent auction.
Please stay connected with us on Facebook and newly launched website as we highlight our program, our needs, and the good stuff that happens here each and every day. We know that our supporters see the value we add to our community and simply ask that you give what you can.
From our IR2 family to you, thank you!